Download or watch the Wits University Undergraduates Guide for applicants by clicking on the download button below.
To download the Wits application Guide for undergraduates, click on the download link below:
|Wits Application Guide||Download|
If you find any difficulty downloading the guide, please leave a comment in the comment section below.
Did you know? Wits University has Produced more than 160000 graduates since its inception in 1922.
Wits First Year Experience Programme
The First Year Experience (FYE) Programme is designed to help first year students in their transition from high school to university.
Programmes offered include:
• Computer literacy
• Coping with test and exam anxiety
• Life Coaching
• Adjusting and Thriving at University
• Learning to Celebrate Differences
• Mental Wellness Coaching
• Book Club
• Leadership Camps
First Year Experience (FYE) Mentorship Programme
The FYE Programme boasts an FYE Mentorship programme that groups first year students with FYE Ambassadors. The mentors/ambassadors assist and guide students in various ways:
• Ensuring first years are acquainted with the FYE Programme and encourage
attendance of FYE Programmes
• Keep abreast with mentee academic performance and general wellbeing
• Refer first year mentees to various support services offered by the Division of
Student Affairs and Student Support Offices
• Provide academic support through referrals to faculties, schools and other
First years will be paired with an FYE Ambassador to form part of the First year Experience Mentorship Programme.
For those using the public transport service system, there are various transport options you can use to get around. These include:
- Taxi: The two central taxi ranks in Johannesburg include Bree Street Taxi Rank and Noord Street Taxi Rank. A taxi hub in Soweto can be found at Bara Taxi Rank, situated next to the Chris Hani Baragwanith Hospital.
- Bus: There are various bus services one can utilise. These include the Rea Vaya bus service, Metro Bus, PUTCO and Gau Bus services. Long distance buses can be accessed at Johannesburg Park Station.
- Train: One can use the more traditional Metrorail or the Gautrain to get around.
- Aeroplane: Flying in and out of Johannesburg can be done at the two main airports which serve the Johannesburg area. These are OR Tambo International Airport and Lanseria International Airport.
- Taxify and Uber: Simply download the app on Google Play Store for Android users, or download from the iStore for Apple users
I hope this article has provided you with the assistance you need on downloading the Wits University Undergraduates Guide; if so, please let us know in the comments section. Remember to subscribe and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for quick updates.