National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS Bursary Application 2023. See steps on how to apply for the bursary programme.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a public entity reporting to the Department of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS provides financial assistance in the form of a study bursary to qualifying students who wish to study or are already studying at TVET colleges and public universities.
WHAT DOES THE NSFAS BURSARY COVER?
- Accommodation or transport
- Learning material
- Personal care
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE BURSARY?
- SASSA grant recipients or
- Your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year or
- A person with a disability with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year or
- A student who begun their university studies before 2018 and their household income is not more than R122 000 per year
UNIVERSITY STUDENTS THAT ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING IN 2023
NSFAS funds students at the following Universities:
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Free State (UFS)
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- Rhodes University (RU)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
- Wits University
- University of Pretoria
- Stellenbosch University
HOW AND WHERE TO APPLY
You can apply online using a cellphone, tablet, or computer. Follow these simple steps to apply: